British Council - Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Location: Noida, South Asia, IN
Company: British CouncilThe British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Job Title: Management Trainee- HRSS
Purpose of job:
To provide the first line of support to British Council employees, delivering quality customer service, issue triage and effective ticket management to ensure that enquiries regarding SAP SuccessFactors processes and data are answered/ addressed timely.
As the front line of HR Services, this role is key in ensuring that British Council employees know where and how to manage processes and that complex issues are assigned to the correct user group.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Provide 1st level support to the British Council staff via email, voice, Success factor tool & a mobile application.
- Resolve or assign HR administration issues raised by the British Council internal staff.
- Support in creating/ amending various contracts such as Joining, Internal Job Postings, international mobility.
- Support in creating/ amending positions on the portal.
- Support in generating country-level reports on various HR metrices.
- Proactively identify and escalate priority issues to the contacts as per the escalation matrix.
- Follow up with the concerned department/ customers across the globe (110+ countries) to ensure the customer query has been resolved via email or phone within the agreed service levels.
- Call back customers to update them about the status of their queries.
- Update required tools (CRM, excel sheets etc.) to record every customer interaction promptly.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with the British Council staff and HR teams.
- Support the team in delivering pre-recruitment arrangements (includes sorting and shortlisting of applications) to the regional teams/ countries.
- Learn and support Pre-Appointment screening of staff globally.
Other Key skills:
- Attention to detail to ensure the right resolution of the query.
- Problem-solving skills associated with an HR Administrative environment.
- Good Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic MS Excel and MS Word skills Must be a highly motivated self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn and develop troubleshooting and customer service skills
- Must have good time and task management skills
- HR colleagues, particularly operations (systems, analytics, and process), Regional and Local HR teams
- Process Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Regional Teams
- Noida Shared services teams
Other important features or requirements of the job
- 24X 7 shift environment and the candidate are required to work in shifts (no general shifts)
- Work extended hours during training drives
- The process may require working on different days of the week (a total of 220 days working in a year)
- Long sitting hours
- Secured environment i.e. no access to mobile phones on the floor, very limited internet access, no personal belongings to be carried & constant monitoring of the process on CCTV.
- High level of compliance to the agreed process guidelines.
- No legal/ criminal case in history
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
Minimum / essential
Experience in HR department/ HR BPO after successful completion of MBA(HR). Intermediate English Communication Skills. (IELTS Band 6.5 and above equivalent) Good Computer (MS office, typing and keyboard handling skills)
Understanding of Success factors/ C4C tool. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
Pay Band – 3 Contract Type – FTC till 14th April 2022 Location – Noida- India Department/Country- HRSS Requirements - Must have current right to work in India Closing Date – Friday 7 May (23:59 CET)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Jobs that might suit you
Market Research TraineeMonotypeAre you our “TYPE”? Brands constantly seek to achieve deeper appeal and connection with their target audience and customers. They express themselves in1 week agoShareNoida, Uttar Pradesh
Process Associate TraineeXomeReady to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley! We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it,1 week agoShareBengaluru, Karnataka
TraineeSLK SoftwareDate: Apr 30, 2021 Location: Bangalore, KA, IN, 562110 Company: SLK Software BASIC INFORMATION ON THE POSITION Position Name: Trainee -1 week agoShareBengaluru, Karnataka
TraineeSLK SoftwareDate: Apr 29, 2021 Location: Bangalore, KA, IN, 562110 Company: SLK Software BASIC INFORMATION ON THE POSITION Position Name: Trainee -1 week agoShareBengaluru, Karnataka
Trainee- PSSaltranTroubleshoot network issues of enterprise customers (US/CAN region) Effective engagement with customer (written & verbal) & ensure Customer Satisfaction1 week agoShareGurgaon, Haryana